Tuesday, April 15, 2014
To help you achieve a thoroughly delicious cheeseboard, we've pulled together these top tips:
• Pick a champion chutney! The English Provender Co. has a scrumptious selection!
• Select between three and five cheeses of different types and textures, including hard, soft and blue.
• Always serve the cheese at room temperature to ensure maximum flavour and perfect texture.
• Serve with natural ingredients, like sweet green grapes, cherry tomatoes, parsley and celery. Apples are another traditional favourite; crisp varieties are best, such as Cox, Pink Lady or Braeburn.
• For something different - try with peaches, sliced into thin slivers, which will really cleanse the pallet.
• Offer the cheese alongside biscuits or crackers that don’t taste too strong or salty.
Match up The English Provender Co. chutneys with the following suggestions to experience them all at their best!
- Caramelised Red Onion – Cheddar cheese, goat’s cheese, smoked ham and crusty fresh bread
- Plum & Bramley Apple – Mature cheddar cheese, blue cheeses, quiches, savory tarts and sausage rolls
- Sweet Tomato & Chilli – Goat’s cheese, Wensleydale, smoked cheese, and honey roast ham
- Moroccan Spiced – Mild cheddar cheese, houmous and roast chicken or lamb
- Apple, Pear & Fig– Blue cheese, hard cheeses, sausages, roast pork and gammon
- Hot Chilli & Red Pepper– Brie, mature cheddar & Goat’s cheese. Or try with roast turkey, white fish, king prawns & party nibbles